Sunday, August 3, 2008

blah

Nothing really new
Went to the fringe on Friday with Chris and Ninnette! (hope your name is spelled right) It was fun, made me miss being noticeably different. Watching all the punk/goth people and the people with their own styles.
Dez and I bought two used gamecube games. Spryo: enter the dragonfly (we were really trying to find the original 3 for playstation, still looking too, stupid city being sold out everywhere) and we bought ribbit king, it a golf game (for kids mostly lol but fun) but you hit frogs instead and your fun creatures and there are like bubble baloons with points, spider webs which act as a trampoline, lol its fun, I had been looking for it for ages, apparently they only made so many copies of the game so yea..
other than that not too much is new
Realised how smart Dominic actually is. And how stubborn.. lol Like he know what most things mean, he just sometimes wont listen.. lol
his gooing and gahing are getting more intense too!
His molars are coming through more, and he is cranky and in pain alot. poor lil guy
Finally figured out how to make my screen brighter on my comp. Because I have such an old CRT screen, it was at 100% on brightness, but for soem reason i never looked (until today) at my videocard options, adn it let me make it even britgher!! yay! (some pictuers, if it was a bit dark.. my screen made it real dark) oh well problem solved
signe dup for a new avatar/forum site www.zantarni.com/ its pretty cool, really new though. Its liek a fantasy based forum rpg, you can get a mini job (you dont actually so anything but you get gold and then you can buy clothes and accesories) Im not big on forums sites but i like creating characters

but i got to do dishes and make some food for myself
<3

2 comments:

Nin said...

No you did not spell my name right, but you get props for trying.
I found your first paragraph so interesting, the same thing happened to me one year at the fringe.
Before I became a christian I had a pierced nose, tongue, eyebrow, tragus and four in each ear, and a tattoo before they became so disgustingly "in". I loved my piercings, I loved feeling different. My uncle used to bug me all the time by telling me if I was so desperate to make a statement, I should SPEAK.
Being a punk teen who knew everything, I would sluff it off, along with whatever other stigma people wanted to put on me that tried telling me what I should look and act like.
Then I became a christian, and everything changed. My life was unrecognizable to what is was before, and as a personal decision, I wanted my outside to match the change I felt on in the inside. Taking out all my piercings was something I felt I needed to do.
So I go to the fringe, shortly after I take out all my precious studs, and everywhere I looked were people sporting all these cool piercings I once had and loved. In complete impulse, I pierced my lip that night. I got home and stared at it in the mirror for a long time, and realised it just wasn't me anymore. I took it out a few days later and wasted the 55 bucks I had just spent, but learned something new about me.
I found that I hid behind my appearance, and I needed to come to a place where I was happy to just be me, no statements, just me.
I can completely relate and sympathize with how you feel, (although I've never been into goth, I know how hard it can be to let go of a style, I becomes a part of you).
I can assure you that if this is something you really feel led to let go of, then the peace of that decision will come in time. It's normal to feel like you're losing something special. But, if this is something you're doing to please other people, and aren't doing it for yourself, then I encourage you to stay true to yourself and your style.
Was fun hanging with you guys at the fringe. :)

Roman Brady said...

Hey! Definitely looking forward to hanging out with you at the fringe today .. hehe Even if you aren't goth anymore lol. *hug*

And I'm glad you got your computer all fixed up, and I hope Dom starts feeling better about his teething. And... HUG

:)~~ Me